5 Unusual Gardening Supplies to Boost Your Garden Enjoyment
Every gardener has the usual gardening supplies of potting soil, fertilizer, garden tools, and a hose, but sometimes adding a little bit of the unusual can help you get tons more enjoyment from your garden. Here are a few unusual gardening supplies ideas to help you find the gardening spark this spring.
1. Water Features. Everyone loves a little water in the garden, and adding a garden pond, waterfall, or even a birdbath can help you get more from your hours spent in the garden. Why not plan this year’s garden around your favorite water feature? You can add coy fish to a pond, create a flowing stream through the center of your garden, or craft a magnificent waterfall that will have all your neighbors talking.
2. Birds! Adding Hummingbird feeders can provide a great source of entertainment, photo opportunities, and a little cross pollination action for your flowering fruits and veggies. Garden supply stores carry a wide range of Hummingbird feeders and you’re sure to find one that match your garden theme and personal taste.
3. Snazzy Gear. Who says gardening gear has to be boring? Buy a festive pair of garden boots, a big floppy hat with your favorite flowers around the brim, or a pair of hot pink overalls for your gardening chores! Whatever strikes your fancy can help brighten your mood and lift your spirits as those last winter snowdrifts melt away.
4. Worms. Yes, I said Worms. They make ideal garden supplies since they produce nutrient rich castings and help aerate your soil. Just transfer your excess worms (they tend to multiply like crazy) from your worm trays into your garden soil as you work your crops. Watching the little crawlers burrow into the earth is sure to put a smile on your face.
5. Wind Chimes. Gardeners often feel close to nature, and installing wind chimes or wind-powered decorations to your garden helps you celebrate the power of the elements more completely. Themed wind chimes are available if you are looking for something with a little whimsy, or you can simply select one that has an appealing sound for your garden.
Adding unusual gardening supplies to your garden or greenhouse will help you celebrate Spring, and get more for gardening investment than just fruits, veggies, and flowers- you’ll gain an appreciation for beauty and hours of immense enjoyment as well.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.